Sunday, December 2, 2012

Loving My Life ~ Dublin, The Loving Tree, & $32,000

I haven't written in a while. Sometimes I'm not sure what I want this blog to be, or what direction to take it. I know I want it to be about honoring Liz's zest for life and about raising awareness that Hodgkin's Lymphoma needs more research for a cure, and therefore, it's about raising money too. I've posted a money thermometer to monitor my progress. I have a goal to raise $32,000 by October 16, 2013. It's lofty for sure, but as you can see, we're nearly at $20,000 already! These figures combine the Dublin Marathon, Tinker Bell, and now Nike D.C. Stay-tuned after Christmas for another virtual 5k!

 
The Dublin Marathon was great and Ireland was amazing! Our brother, Sean, was with me; my "cheerleader" for the race and it was wonderful to share such a special trip with him. The Team in Training Flex Team was the best! What a wonderful experience to meet and make friends with folks from all over. TNTrs are the best! We left a little of Liz in Ireland at this beautiful stream on the grounds of the Blarney Castle. It was so peaceful.

 

 Last night we had a fund-raiser at Spiked Paint in Fullerton (www.spikedpaint.com) and it was SOOOO FUN! The turnout was great, the owners (Erin and Ian) are wonderful, and we painted this beautiful painting under the expert guidance of Erin. If you want to have a fun evening and test your creative side, check them out! Still waiting on the final numbers but I think it'll be close to $250 raised for LLS~yay!
 
 
Remember, as the holidays are upon us, that it's not about that tie, toy, or latest electronic device, or buying things because you should. It's about living and loving; about family and friends, it's about quality time.
 
 
I lost my precious baby sister, and all the money in the world won't bring her back, but there are still so many fighting for their lives; a young woman, Heather, who just went through a stem cell transplant, and a young boy named Devon, who is praying for an outside donor match to save his life. I honor my sister's memory by continuing to fight for a cure for people like Heather and Devon. Hodgkin's Lymphoma needs more research, it needs a cure...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment