Friday, August 31, 2012

More About LoveMyLife4Liz

It's been 10 and 1/2 months since I lost my baby sister, Liz, to Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I cannot even begin to describe what that feels like, or what we've gone through these past ten months. Some days I'm not sure how we made it this far. There's really too much to say so I'll just start with why I started this blog. I really started it to have a place to showcase an exciting fundraiser I'm about to launch to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through their Team in Training program (click on the Lollipop Love photo). I am training to finish a marathon in Dublin, Ireland on October 29th in memory of Liz. Our brother, Sean, is going with me to be my cheerleader (as Liz always was) and help me celebrate the life of a beautiful young woman who didn't get to travel the world as she so wanted. She did get to do a lot of things, and she certainly embraced life in a manner that left it's mark on so many, and for that, we are grateful.

She was an inspiration to Live and Love Life; embrace and be thankful for each moment. Chew with your mouth open! LOL, that's what she told our mom; because then you can more fully experience the flavors. She loved to cook and was a natural.

Grief is not something you can scurry through, or skip.  The only way to the other side, is through it, and it is not an easy journey. However, I am learning that it provides the opportunity to dig down deep and touch a part of yourself you didn't know existed. You never get over it, and each journey is unique, but you can get through it (right now I'm just going on blind Faith for that one:>).

I wish I had started this a long time ago, but it's never too late. I don't really know what this will become, but I intend to grow her Love My Life motto into her legacy, and through it, raise awareness, and money to find a cure for Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Stay tuned for something exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment