Friday, September 7, 2012

Feeling Extremely Blessed

The Love My Life (virtual) 5k is picking up steam and I'm so excited! Don't forget to register before it closes on September 30th.

For the details: Inaugural Love My Life 5k

Today has been (well, this week really) so emotional. I think I'm ready for bed (thankfully since we're meeting at 5 a.m. for 14 miles!). First thing this morning, I received a donation notification that not only put me over my goal, it made me #1 Fundraiser for Team Dublin! It was so generous a donation that I was speechless. What an amazing journey this has been for me.

Then, tonight, I get home and check my mail and I have a package. Hmmm. Can't figure that out. I don't remember ordering anything. Oh, it's from Tracy in Alaska:) But I just got my birthday present from her so what is this? Oh my stars! When I finally opened it, all I could do was cry. It's the hats Liz and I put on in the store in Alaska when we were there. I'm so not the silly one. She made me do it that day for the picture, and I'm so glad she did. We didn't buy those hats that day because - what would we do with them? But oh, how many times we both wished we had purchased them since. So to open that box and see those hats - the same ones - was more than I could handle. What an unbelievably thoughtful thing to do. I am touched beyond words yet again today. Thank you Tracy <3

This turned out to be one of my very favorite pictures from that trip, and now one of my VERY, VERY favorite memories...LML

No comments:

Post a Comment